This was copied and pasted from my myspace blog from Saturday.....
Current mood: mellow
I was walking to the grocery store the other day and lightning struck in the sky... I found myself singing Grease Lightning.
I am going a bit crazy without my computer, the crazy part is that it sits right under my bed day and night. While my charger is floating around at the Greek customs somewhere. In the meantime Ive got the internet Cafe which drives me bananas, not knowing what kind of germs i am picking up while marinating in a thick aroma of secondhand smoke. For now my roomate is nice enough to let me use her computer.
I will be back on blogspot. (not that i share it with anyone but my self and my mother anyway) as soon as I find an apple store out here so i can get a european charger.
Its trippy to be out here, and i feel like a jackass because I only speak english.. and the other day at a shoot this guy was talking abotu how americans just expect everyone to know english and how easy we have it.
Im living with 5 other girls. Kara from Chicago, Anna from Hungary, Lucia from Slovakia and Jess and Emilie from Austrailia. Its soo funny to be living with girls again. I tell my roomate Anna I could just watch her for hours, cause shes so funny, think gidget with a hungarian accent. Kara and I have been teaching Lucia things of much importance to the english language... i.e. the camel toe, Which I think is to Greece as hairy pits are to the french? They are everywhere! Then I was having a heated discussion with some of the girls about bowel movements and such and Lucia enters from the other room asking ?WHATS POOP??... which lead to appoximately 5 minutes of pure laughter and the winning quote of 2008.
I find likes of people making out and shoveing their tounges down eachothers throats in the metro station or on the streets. It makes me shudder, but I dont know if I am really that repulsed or if I am just a little jealous that I wont be indulging in a juicy makeout session anytime soon. Let alone in Athens. I miss Andrew and Im sure my roomates are sick of him, due to my reflex to relate any topic or conversation back towards him. Im really not that bad..
Its not as fun to talk about my ailments or leave cluttered messes around when i dont have ol gomez to hassel me about it. Not that ive quit talking about my ailments. Because everyone knows about all of my shoulders and my uneasy stomach. But Ive learned that I think its kind of a thing that women do. After 10 to 12 hours roaming the streets, catching buses, trains, subways... all of us ladies take our turn on sharing which toes are numb and who has to pee or is famished.
I was attacked by a grasshopper the other day...twice. it was probably 4 inches long. HUGE. It had a dingle berry which was nice since it probably got lost in my hair. I really dont talk about poop that much but since Ive been here I feel like Its a daily subject. There are tons of stray dogs everywhere and they dont feel the need to look for a plush piece of grass to go number 2...therefore there are landmines on the cobblestone streets and sidewalks (which there are not many here). Tommorrow is sunday. Maybe going to the Parthenon? We shall see.
hopefully soon I will have my computer up and running
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment