Thursday, March 13, 2008

"sud"stantially screwing up.

Can't a lady just catch break?

I make myself so damn nervous.


Once again, my kitchen looks like one of those foam parties you or your 16 year old sister used to go to circa 2002. You know where you go to a club filled with bubbles and you dance around pretty much solo, because you can't tell which people are your friends- the one who made the Santa Claus facial hair our of the bubbles or the person doing the robot resembling the abominable snowman? So fun, but so 6 years ago. And not made for a kitchen when you're home aone.

How and Why does my kitchen resemble a foam party? Beats me.
OK, I lied... Sort of.
Approximately 2 or 3 days ago I put dishwashING soap in the dishwasher.
And can I please emphasize the importance of the "ing"s and the "er" s when it comes to doing the dishes?

Well as I went about my housewife-ly duties and cleaned the rest of the house, Andrew comes home from work and says "Thanks for doing the dishes...."
"no problem" I mutter
he quickly comes back with "What kind of soap did you use?!"
We all know the answer to that question, don't we?

Well, Since then, I've let the dishes pile up.
So today, I took it upon myself to clean house. So I load 'er up, Put in the DISHWASHER soap (the correct form of soap), And let the good times roll...
But what do you know, Same ol' same old'! Baffled, and utterly frustrated I spouted out a few words that I dare not to type knowing that my family reads this. That damn machine is haunted I tell you!! Holy smokes, as I type this I just remembered something!

Andrew has said in the past whether I be fast asleep, or out of town, he hears someone doing the dishes and walks out to the kitchen and no one is there. We also have had guests sleep over and ask if we decided to do dishes at 4am....? Coincidence? I think not. We just might possibly have a neat freak for a ghost on our hands. Could it be June Cleaver? Danny Tanner? Who goes there?

Maybe this ghost has it's panties in bunch that I am doing his or her job. Or, the remnants of the "ing" soap was still loitering around and decided to throw one last foam filled soiree for old times sake.

pick a card any card; I chose the card that says it's the ghosts fault.





Ok, So, I found someone to point the finger at with my whole Dish washing dilemma, but how do I explain this?

Yesterday, After taking one sip, I put a bottle of Cranberry Sobe in my purse.(my extremely soft brown leather purse, which I got in Greece- making it almost priceless) I drive home, walk upstairs sit at the computer for about 15 minutes until I feel the need to quench my thirst. I pull out the Sobe bottle, and there is just enough Liquid left to put into a shot glass and down in in .5 seconds.
"I didn't drink that much, did I?" I thought to myself.
"No..No..definately di---NO!!!!!"
I reach into my bag and everything is soaking!!! So I flip my bag upside down in a hurry to discharge all of my belongings. I sat and wept My brand new bag. So Soft. Now, so soaking wet. The whole bottom half of my bag- DRENCHED.

I did what I do in these situations, called my mom. No Answer. So I did what I do 2nd, call Andrew to cry. He didn't pick up. So I then go to my RELIABLE and DEPENDABLE source: Google. " Liquid Spill leather bag" I searched. Mostly, I found plenty of prevention tips, which would have been extremeeeely fabulous bout 3 hours or so prior. So I dab my bag with a towel and drape it over our big, white ghetto fan we got at CVS Pharmacy for $9.99. It now, looks oh so vintage. I try and tell myself I'm cool with it. But Who am I fooling?
Not I.

Recently, right before I left Greece, I turned a whole load of laundry purplish-pink. I hate pink. And now I have socks, shirts, and a shirt-dress that all match perfectly. Even the crotch of my black tights which has that white cotton area, is now pink.

I am always tripping, falling, and spilling. I almost feel like I should attend some sort of boot camp or etiquette class. Is is something I can fix? Or is this one of the many "quirks" that Makes up who "Brynn" (yes I just spoke in thrid person) is?

1 comment:

Diane said...

Oh I think We've all done that before! It's a hard and messy lesson learned though. Good thing I got mine out of the way when I was in an apartment, so I didn't care as much =) The suds sure are neverending!