Sometimes I complain about how I think my job is lame, and I'd rather be doing something more stimulating with my life. Especially as of late.
But yesterday, I faced the fact that- although I claim to have a functioning brain I'd like to put to use. I actually really really love my job some days.
Yesterday, I had a shoot for allure, and it was about Spa's and facials ( you know the little spa directory things they have in there.) So, I Show up at the spa in a completely pessimistic frame of mind, thinking It was going to be a phony situation, where I have to wear make up and pretend to be getting the royal treatment.
I walk in, and am told to take of my shoes, and put on these socks- which possibly were created from the softest puff clouds in heaven- and wait in the waiting area, turn off my phone and relax.
"Wait, no I'm here from the shoot"
yes, and I will be the one giving you your facial.
"Oh, I didn't think I was actually going to be receiving an actual facial"
well, we have to make it look real, and the easiest way to do that, is to actually give you one!
"hmh!? Well I'll be.."
I literally laid on the bed for about an hour, as I got a facial, and shoulder massage as some dude took pictures of me. I didn't even have to open me eye balls.
I'm used to having my big feet being shoved into small shoes, standing uncomfortably and holding it for an even more uncomfortable amount of time, and having chemically charged beauty products swarm my skull. And (!) My skin is really sensitive, and frequently break outs after jobs when the makeup artist ever so kindly PILES on the makeup, it wreaks total havoc on my mug. But, this is the first time I've woken up the morning after, and my skin has IMPROVED from a job.
And next time you see a picture in a magazine where the girl getting a massage, or facial treatment, and has a little smirk on her face; There's nothing phony about it, She really is getting an authentic massage, therefore, the authenticity of that smirk on her face, is 100%, because it's almost silly to even accept the fact the someone says "Hey can I pay YOU to relax, listen to serene music and better your overall well being?"
I have rekindled a love for my job.
........ at least until I have to make like Cinderalla's step sister, and slip into something not-so- comfortable.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so jealous. What I would give for a facial and a massage :)
Post a Comment