Annnnnnnd. I'm back.
holla.
I didn't go to hollywood. I watched oprah and fell asleep. woke up to tyra banks' crazy ass preaching about something.
So.
Looking back on my planner:
it was monday October 15.
I had a casting
a fitting
I had to stop by the agency for some new cards
Then I had about 2 hours or so to kill until the Heatherette show.
So I went to the Beverly Center and did some "Browsing" I didn't find anything pleasing to the eye other than some delicious indulgences at Godiva. And you better your bottom I indulged. I got some chocolate and savored every bite.
I started making my way towards the third level when I was stopped with a guy that had a polaroid camera while I was mid-bite into my truffle. He liked my "look" and "style" he was scouting for Levi's. They like to pick their people off the street supposedly. I gave him my agency info to avoid any chance of him being a (seemingly nice) skeeze.
He took a polaroid of my mug and then my whole ensemble.
He was a cool twenty something guy. I don't think he was a skeeze. You find a lot of those guys in LA. Pretending to be somebodies looking for anybodies.
So it had been a bit of a busy day but the chocolate and windowshopping kind of calmed me down.
I hopped in my car, payed my $1 parking fee and strolled down to the red light where you exit the beverly center.
I was (still) eating my chocolate when all of a freaking sudden
it sounds like a bomb goes off
then
a body falls.
roughly 5 feet in front of me,
I froze and felt my blood, my stomach, and everything else sink to my toes.
WHHHAT
the
HELLLLL?
holy shit. oh my.....
gosh. What the fuuuuu
ck.
??
My mind froze along with the ongoing traffic.
There was a man with a severed leg. Blood and guts squirting out of his chest, leg and head. His face was all torn up while his body tremble uncontrollably.
There was a cop car, two cars down, and they put the car in park right where it was, and two police men walked over. Their faces were stunned as the approached the body.
A young man comes up to my window and taps on it. he mouths "Are you okay?"
I realize my deer-caught-in-headlights, hands over dropped jaw-open mouth, pale-as-chalk. appearance read to be
"not OK"
I nodded my head while my hands remained covereing my face.
All of the passerby's and pedestrains were, I'm sure, just as shocked as I was
I watched the traffic light turn green, then red, then green again.
The cars behind me not knowing what had just happened, honking and yelling.
I cut off the guy in the left lane next to me and go the opposite direction on La Cienega.
WHHHAT?
I kept on asking myself
I didn't understand.
All I saw was the body falling. I had suspected that a car maybe had hit him, he flew up in the air and landed?
It WAS SOOO Loud though.
And part of his leg was on the other side of La Cienega.
I start bawling.....
and hyperventilating (don't know how to spell that)
I call Andrew while driving around aimlessly. Thinking I was going to have to pull over to throw up.
I just didn't understand
And if you were to see what I saw, In a movie; your immediate reaction would be "That loooks sooo fake"
The gore of the blood and guts and how his body was shaking, It was almost over dramatic.
I was able to snap back into it and get myself over to smashbox studios. I show up and Richie Rich is in his pink top and rollerskates, platinum blonde hair, everyone is soo happy and pumped up about the show. And I feel like I'm going to faint and/or vomit.
I don't know how the hell I'm going to be able to walk for this show. Everyone was soo happy and carefree and I kep on replaying that man over and over in my head.
I was able to collect myself.
I had some food and water after talking to my make-up artist about it.
She was speechless and wanted to make sure I was stable enough to proceed with the whole shindig.
Later andrew and I went back to the Roosevelt to attend the heatherette after party (I didn't feel like going but Andrew insisted I would regret it later)
And we drove by the Beverly Center. I was trying to tell him just what happened and exactly where it all went down (no pun intended).
I pointed and said " It was right over there by that---"
When I realize it happened right over where they we doing construction, and I look up on the building and see a bunch of construction men on the side of the building.
IT all makes sense.
he was a construction worker, who fell from the building.
when I had talked to Andrew earlier in the day, I was trying to describe to him how the man appeared.
"He almost looked homeless, but I know he wasn't, his clothes were just really scruffy, his jeans were dirty and he was wearing an old flannel shirt"
The next day I was talking about it while in line backstae at another show, And a girl turned around and said "You saw that?! I heard about that, I was there that day and tried to leave like an hour after that happened and no one could get out, they say someone fell from the building!"
I've since, had dreams of myself falling from a building, dreamt of slow motion reenactment of him falling.
It was by far the most disturbing sight I'd ever SEEN.
That was the start to my jam-packed high stress week.
which yes, added some emotional stress. Although, it most definately put things in perspective. Here; I'm stressed about photoshoots,fittings,castings,and runway shows. While some family out there is mourning the death of this man. I wasn't nervous anymore, I didn't care that I kind of looked a little 'unflattered' in the clothes I was put in, I actually got a really really clear mind for once in a long while.
needless to say, I spend the rest of the Halloween season in more of a disney-esque angles as apposed to freddy kruger Gore.
I'd had my scare.
Rest In Peace, guy. I honestly don't think anyone should have to go that way.
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment