Wednesday, November 21, 2007

cold shoulder to the third power

cold shoulder to the third power
Current mood: restless

i can't sleep.

the reasoning is either one or two or three fold...
possibly more... but then that would be more like a chinese fan or an accordian, as opposed to a couple folds, like a pamphlet. (which I always picture when anyone uses that term/expression of "two (or three) fold").

My to-do list has barely been dented and i keep thinking about it instead of DOING something about it.

or

could it be that today I was bombarded with an ass load of information.
MRI
surgery
europe
three shoulders
say whhhhhat?

pass the potatoes.

Dr Pear, who remembles a string bean more so than a pear, tells me that my body was soo thoughtful and went ahead and created a third shoulder for me behind my back. pun intended? maybe.

although it's pretty awesome in the fact that I am now roughly 2 or 3 shoulders away from being a triceratops (which ironically is an herbivore as well), it's gotta go.



another random thought in closing.

when I sit down to a dinner feast, at a restaurant, or once in a blue moon when I cook at home; I quite frequently am found referring to my dish as "messy".

"this is messy" i declare.
Followed by a chuckle or possibly a snarle.

futhermore, the other day andrew said some phrase in spanish. So I patiently waited the usual 5 seconds and he proceeded to explain and said "its a (cheeky) term which blames the object for doing something wrong, (and some other nonsense ensuing that it wasn't the FOOD that was messy)" (honestly I kind of tuned out once I realized what he was saying.
the mess could frankly be the eater not the eatee.
who woulda' thunk it?

for once, I didn't fight the fight. I usually can end a debate with the ol' man winning with a valid point.

But he was right, I got flashbacks of my parents saying "when you clear the dinner table you can always tell where brynn was sitting because of the ring of food that circled her plate"

I pictured myself eating salad (semi-messy),cheese fries (messy), and and ice cream cone(messy if you let it melt).
totally the foods fault.
my mind ventured down a path which was pathed with images of myself scarfing down food.



guilty.
my food is not messy. it's me. truly and honestly.

let me get one thing clear; I chew with my mouth closed and dont make any grotesque noises. Its just SOMEHOW my food dances around my plate and lands elsewhere.

perhaps its just me being subconciously artistic, you know, making lemonade out of lemons, making christmas wreaths out of a vegetarian friendly salad, and so on.

happy holidays kids.
and may god and/or buddha bless you if you've actually read this

No comments: