I've been a vegetarian for 5 years now.
a proud, but not pushy veggie. I wont try and convert anyone over to my lifestyle, but I stand by my word. None of the silly "I'm a vegetarian, and I eat fish." business, or "sometimes I eat chicken". All of you crazy cats that claim vegetarianism need to do a little research, if it's ever had a face, it doesn't belong in yours ( if you claim to be a veg).
However, I had an interesting conversation at a shoot on Wednesday...
Myself and the other female model both are "vegetarians" (although she eats fish...but I'm not judging). And she was talking about how her whole family went vegetarian for a while. But her mom was always sick and felt tired a lot. Later on her mom found out about "eating right for your blood type". And after studying up her mom (being blood type O) found out that her blood type must eat a high protein diet, and encourages meat consumption. While the model, who was another blood type which encourages vegetarianism.
*DING DING DING*
my heart kind of sunk to my toes.
I am ALWAYS sick. ALWAYS tired. And can't figure out why the hell I'm physically always down and out.
I am blood type O.
This has left my mind in a crazy tailspin. Would I throw the last 5 years out the window for the sake of my health? Would I even be able to get myself to eat meat? I don't know.
What I do know is that little conversation was a bit of a light bulb moment for me. Now I just don't know whether to pay attention to that light bulb, or disregard it. I will talk to me doctor and see what my deal is.
(HERE IS WHAT I FOUND ON WIKIPEDIA ABOUT THE BLOOD TYPE DIET)
Blood group O is believed by D'Adamo to be the hunter, the earliest human blood group. The diet recommends that this blood group eat a higher protein diet.
Blood group A is called the cultivator by D'Adamo, who believes it to be a more recently evolved blood type, dating back from the dawn of agriculture. The diet recommends that individuals of blood group A eat a diet emphasizing vegetables and free of red meat, a more vegetarian food intake.
Blood group B is, according to D'Adamo, the nomad, associated with a strong immune system and a flexible digestive system. The blood type diet claims that people of blood type B are the only ones who can thrive on dairy products.
Blood group AB, per D'Adamo, the enigma, the most recently evolved type. In terms of dietary needs, his blood type diet treats this group as an intermediate between blood types A and B.
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey brynnie, i know this is out of nowhere.. but i just have to tell you that if you're looking to put more protein in your diet you don't have to eat meat to get it. All veggies are packed with proteins, especially broccoli. for example, sorloin has 5.2 grams of protein per 100 calories but broccoli has 11.6 grams of protein per 100 calories. broccoli has protein, phytochemicals and phytonutrients.. and sorloin doesn't have any of that. We need all that stuff to be healthy. And if you don't like veggies so much eat beans to get protein. Beans are packed with protein. Everyone thinks meat is the only way to get protein, so not true.
back in the day, 1950, the USDA original job (and sole purpose) was to advertise dairy products. they came up with something called the "four basic food groups," and they convinced schools, food stores and doctors that we need meat/dairy in our diet (backed up by their own doctors and scientists). And from 1950 to 1980 heart attacks, diabetes, obesity had skyrocket faster than the entire history of America and nothing is changing.
I only ate meat because I thought it kept me healthy, that was until I educated myself on nutrition. After having three kids back to back I was physically drained of any energy. my friend Jenny saw how bad my health was becoming and bought me a book called "Eat to Live." She's super healthy and super thin and eats all day, what the heck, right? I read the book because I was desparate. After eating right (it's called a beans and greens diet) for 1 week, I was back to normal and now that it's been 5 weeks I feel amazing.. i know i'm so cheesey. I eat all day and I lost 15 lbs. that I wasn't seeking to loose, I just wanted more energy and have better health.
Anyways, "Eat to Live," by Joel Fuhrman. Check out the website, www.drfuhrman.com He has awesome recipes, but you have to by the book, reading the book is a must. in the book he explains, sceintifically why all these diets fads don't work or last. I feel obligated to share my new found knowledge on nutrition. I hope you read the book, I know it'll help with your health. If you were here, I'd just give you mine :D Take care!
Post a Comment