Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Do that Daaaance


One thing I've come to realize on this family trip:

There isn't much of a difference between a 3-year-old and a grown adult (or at least myself).

Nothing can lift your spirits more than a fantastic medley of melodies- the modern day mixtape - a damn good playlist that Makes you Moooove and Groooove.

In any instance where we've had an open window of some time to kill; Temio (my 3 year old nephew), Andrew, and I have dedicated a good amount of time going bananas to some crazy cool tunes.

Mr. T (Temio) has grown a liking to certain songs, which suprisingly are some of my favorites to shake it - or as he would say - "squiggle squiggle" (as he shakes his bum), and boogie down to.

I compiled a playlist of all of his favorites and burned him a CD that is forever his own.
"Mr. T's Dance Grooves"

His #1 Choice is "D.A.N.C.E." by Justice, I think partially because he can count 1-2-3-4-5 along with it, over, and over. And when it says "Do that Dannce!!" he continues to add an additional "do it do it do it"- it's his personal Mr. T remix.

"Ready for the Floor" by Hot Chip ( which he insantly told me not to say "shit", but I assured it it's Hot Chip, like a spicy Dorito) gets his little limbs tossing themselves around while he Announces "THIS ONE MAKES ME CRAAAAAAAAZYYYY!!"

I can only 100% agree. If you haven't had a quality dance session to some Hot Chip, "do it do it do it now".

Here is the Official debut of Mr. T's very own, personally compiled, Squiggle Squiggle Dance Mix.



No comments: