Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Whole-y Moly!



I am weird about breakfast. I don't like to start my day out too full, because then I just feel lazy. I can't eat cereal because milk makes me sick, and I know I could buy soy milk, which I do love, but I don't really like cereal that much anyway.

Most mornings, what always sounds best to me is a few different pieces of fruit (preferrably bananas, strawberries, raspberries, peaches, and blueberries) chopped up, and tossed around with some sugar (why did I just question myself about sugar being spelt with an "sh"?) on top. Either that, or a nice bowl of hot oatmeal will do just fine.

Whenever I go out to breakfast with friends or family I always feel boring because I always just check the menu to see if there is a fruit bowl... Although a big contributing factor is that being vegetarian, sometimes that just seems safest.

This morning I woke up craving some nourishment. Yesterday I didn't even really eat much and I went to see cut copy last night and danced around like crazy.... I feel like I was Jazzercizing for 4 hours.(i know, i know, I am still stick, but I'm going stir crazy, and I needed to dance the night way to save my soul). It's one of those mornings where you wake up and wish you could just snap your fingers and have a huge assortment of everything you can think of; served to you on a silver platter- in bed. So I was scanning the possibilities as to where I could get my nourishment without all that overprocessed crap.

DING DING DING

Why have I NEVER thought of whole foods?
Never!

I am here to tell all you crazy kids out there, that Whole Food's breakfast bar is the BEST idea anyone ever had. Thank you lord. Although Whole Foods DOES in fact take advantage of it's health concious customers and holds them hostage with their overpriced organic goodness, but I'd say it's worth every penny.

I am also weird about eggs, I never really eat them unless my body is craving it. I just had an 2 egg-white and asparagus omlettes, a potato medley with peppers and onions, some fruit, yogurt and granola.

I think if it didn't cost $19, I'd start my day like this every day.

I give the Whole Foods breakfast bar for two Green thumbs up!!
And to all you meat eaters- i'll have you know that there is an array of meat options too, it's not just vegetarian.

And I'd like to thank andrew for picking it up for me and bringing it to me in bed. It wasn't on a silver platter, but the brown boxes made of recyclable goods is OK with me.


Also, if you google "whole foods breakfast" there is a list of early bird dishes and they include recipes as well..
bon apetit!

No comments: