oh how I take advantage of my puns.
mono-logue
mono-gram
mono-cular
mono-gany
mono y mono ?
you know what? without thinking about this pun-roll that i am on, earlier I had a chuckle- if you will- with myself putting together a 'mono' chromatic outfit. You, see I am secretly obsessed with American Apparel's color "athletic grey". For years and years I was always in search for the perfect grey T- shirt, and a couple years ago discovered it at, yes you guessed it, American Apparel. So while sifting through my laundry today, I sectioned off a whole outfit in athleteic grey. I laughed to myself about how someday I need to wear it all at once...Maybe on a jog, maybe a stroll on my new-to-me roller skates, It would be a silent tell-all about how and where Brynn Jones prespires. 'Cause we all know how the color grey is like that friend who can't keep a secret "Hey Everyone-- Look She's Sweating!!!!", as opposed to a good navy blue, maybe black, or better yet a printed Tee- the more stealth friend you know will keep your secrets under wraps.
I am honestly a bit humiliated to look back at what I have written in emails, blogs, whatever these past few days, because not much of it makes sense, or is more relative to a 3rd graders book report. But At least I'm trying to keep my brain working- I've got a month to do so.
If anyone else has been underpriveledged enough to be accompanied by this illness; may I ask you if you often felt like you could possibly be mildly on drugs? Everything is soo foggy, Im so slow talking to other people and at a loss for words. I'm shakey, stumblining, and drummmroolllllll... have cotton mouth.
I paint quite the beautiful portrait of myself don't I?
I've always said I'm obsessed with my ailments. Not in a self absorbed way in which I always want to just talk about me me me (Lets face it though, Im home alone for a week and talking through cyberspace - TO A BLOG). I just become obsessive- I want to know every symptom cause and effect. I want to know the average recovery rate, I want to know the quickest recovery rate- and I want to beat it
* I SAID OOH GIRL SHOCK ME LIKE AN ELECTRIC EEL* (sorry had to sing along real quick since I can't in real life, MGMT was AMAZING at Coachella)
Speaking of coachella, I haven't talked about it much. For those of you who don't know what coachella is, it' could be compared to a modern day woodstock, Just a giant Binge of great musicians performing everywhere in Indio, California, which is very close to Palm Springs, otherwise known as the desert.
Not knowing the whole time I was sick, I now look back and see why I wasn't 100% Dancing Brynn mode. But when MGMT came out I was Allll Over the place singing every word, jumping up - down - all round, my hair all over the place; my face, the dude next to me's face, the dude next to him's face ( lets be honest, my hair is 25 inches long). My shoes slipped off about 37 times, but I still made like Michael Jordan and Jumped as high as I could..... Then definately had to go sit down in the shade and re-hydrate.
Its an amazing event. Especially if you go back to a nice air conditioned Hotel Room. Which, we didn't. We camped. Next years decision has already been made. Hotel it is.
This is getting boring, both for me, and for you. I'm not writing out of inspiration- just out of pure boredom, which is boring all of us to death.
RIP.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had mono for a little over a month...the only things I could recommend are beverages infused w/ electrolytes (i.e. gatorade or smart water), vitamin c (i.e. Emergen-C 2x per day), lots of rest (i.e. sleep til it doesn't hurt anymore), and if you have someone to administer B12 shots via your bum,then more power to you!
Post a Comment