

I think I mentioned that I went to the Cut Copy show on monday.
When I go to a concert, I check my inhibitions at the door. Most likely you can find myself and my hair, up in the front all over the place. One of my best buds Shaleah came with me and while everyone else in the venue boozed and schmoozed, we were strictly business as we made it a goal to get front and center. We made it to 2nd row and center.
Lets keep in mind I have been bedridden for close to a month now... Because, monday - I did NOT keep that in mind.
I pretty much went From Zero to 100 in a matter of hours. Meaning that my body hasn't really moved since, well Coachella. And I spent my monday evening partying like it was 1999. Today I feel like I woke up from a coma and got right up and ran a marathon.
My point being, I have to pack to leave for Portland today and I CAN'T move my body. Yesterday I was sorue but I thought I would be better today, but the pain and cramping throughout my calves, anlkes, arms, back, ribs, neck - has increased! Last night my legs kept on cramping and curling up like a potatoe bug, and I can barely walk to the bathroom.
I do have to say, this was a great sacrifice made, I traded in the good health of my limbs for my own sanity. It was the perfect night to cash in my "sick" card.. My spirits were lifted with each hop, skip and jump throughout the night. I did however, feel like an old lady because sporatically, I thought My body was going to give out on me unless I got some water, so I had to swim through the mass amounts of people and sweat to get to the Bar to get my bottled water.
We were able to chat with the lead singer at the after party, he was actually the DJ for the Party, which is weird to me, that's kind of like the bride serving the cake at her wedding reception, isn't it?? I told him that for what it's worth; they were my top 3 out of everyone at Coachella ( And I mean Prince performed, so that's some stiff competition). He claimed that monday was just as hot as Coachella, and I said that there was arguably and most definately a difference - I wasn't passed out from heat stroke - and no, I didn't say that to him, I keep my ailment stories for close friends and family.
--- An honorable mention from monday night---
This past weekend I was talking to Andrew and Vince about when I saw Cut Copy at Coachella, and my biggest memory from their show was this 65 year old man with a white beard, and a neon hat, jumping Up and Down and all around, then the dude turned around and faced Lyndsay and I with the HUGEST smile just bouncing up and down screaming something to us. And He was FEELING it ( "it" being the music, the booze, or possibly recreational drugs he'd saved up from the 60's).
Being that this man was one of my fondest memories of my weekend binge of amazing music and shows, I clearly could pick him out of a crowd. WELL- I did. As Shaleah and I waited for the show to start, I started looking around and getting to know my neighbors for the next few hours.... AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW!? That SAME man was the only person keeping us from being FRONT and CENTER. The same dude!
I tapped him on the shoulder and asked "hey, were you at coachella?" He's like "Yes I was!" and I went on to tell him that he was right in front of me at coachella and then stated "You must be a Die Hard Fan eh?". " I JUST LOVE MUSIC!" he concluded.
Life Goal: in 45 years, be just as head over heels for music as I am now.

No comments:
Post a Comment