Thursday, July 10, 2008

bridging the gap

Remember the cliched term you've heard on the playground, seen on after school specials, and shouted out to your verbally threatening siblings; "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" ?

Well, I've recently tried applying that to myself, "If you can't blog about anything nice, then don't blog at all."

Obviously, if you've ever read my blog. You're probably thinking that I am full of shit, and a complete hypocrite, aren't I always spewing out my problems? The answer is yes. But- Am I able to laugh about it. Most usually. So I've realized that I if I haven't been able to laugh about it yet, then don't waste any energy writing about it. ( ok, for the most part)

My last couple weeks have brought me some glorious adventures and I realized, I've yet to report on my trip to San Francisco! My last weekend in June was Celebrated as my first getaway to the S.F. I embraced the city with abundance. The city - to me- has a very European feel to it, it's got loads of character within each different district.

I mustn't only credit the home of the Golden Gate Bridge for my outstanding experience- for it wouldn't have been the same without the great company I was in.

The six- hour road trip, with Miss Valorie Darling, was candid and delightful, as the clock struck hour by hour, we found ourselves getting more acquainted with each other on many different levels. Miss Darling and myself now share stories that shall never leave the four doors of her snazzy little Prius.

Upon arrival, fragrant of dewy feet and humid armpits, We were greeted by each of our best friends. (It just so happens that I met Valorie working in Los Angeles, and she was college roommates with one of my best friends Jenn in Oregon! Now, Jenn lives in San Francisco, along with Valorie's best friend Erin. Get it? Got it? Good!) Being that it was almost 1am, and we were tired, hungry, and sweaty we retired and called it a night. Jenn and I cuddled up under a bundle of covers and whispered the night away detailing all of the "Who's, where's, and what's" since we last saw each other.

The weekend was spent on an ultimate high, you know that buzz that you get when you're back with a familiar face, picking right back up where you left off. You get each other, you share history with one another, and are able to reminisce on the good old days while soaking up the laughter and comfort of present. Jenn took me on the ultimate tour. We lunched at the Pier, trekked around the must- see spots, did some Vintage shopping, and we even consummated our special weekend, by purchasing friendship bracelets on Haight St.

I was so sad to go, leaving me so excited to go back.




Oh, and no, we never got around to re enacting the opening scene of Full House. But I did keep my peepers peeled for John Stamos look-a-likes.

No comments: