Friday, July 11, 2008

Talking shit about a pretty sunset

I'm always drowning myself in my music, whether I'm primping and prepping for my day, sulking during the night, or rocking out in LA Traffic... There's always a time and a place for a theme song.

I've always been a Modest Mouse fan. In fact, (along with Pixies and Nirvana) they're up there in Brynn's Top 5 All Time Favorite Bands. I may be biased because we - those bands, and myself - all originate from the Great grey, and rainy, Northwest. I'm mostly fanatical about their (Modest Mouse's) stuff from the mid/late 90's. Their newer stuff I feel has strayed from their roots, and is a bit watered down in regards to their original style. Although I will give them props for a few oustanding songs on their latter albums.

Lately, I find myself reaching back to 1996; plucking this song out of their "This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About" Album, wondering if Isaac Brock attains certain psychic capabilities. Most Likely not. And I'm being Melodramatic. But please enjoy.




Oh noose tied myself in, tied myself too tight
Looking kind of anxious in your cross armed stance
Like a bad tempered prom queen at a homecoming dance
And I claim I'm not excited with my life anymore
So I blame this town, this job, these friends
The truth is it's myself
And I'm trying to understand myself
And pinpoint where I am
By the time I get things figured out
I've change the whole damn plan
Oh noose tied myself in, tied myself too tight
Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon
I've changed my mind so much I can't even trust it
My mind changed me so much I can't even trust myself

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Beautiful!